Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Bath

Yesterday Truitt had his first bath at home, his first real bath. He didn't seem to be as upset as I thought he would be. I could tell he loved the warm water, he was very soothed. Finally I get to have a clean baby! He just never seemed clean enough in the hospital, but how could he be anyway with all of those wires. I am just so happy that we are finally able to experience all of these things we have missed out on. We can now do all of the normal new parent things. And for once put all of the baby stuff we have to use!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren~I'm so glad to read Truitt is home & you are savoring all his "firsts." Reading your blog has brought me a new appreciation for the things that can be taken for granted. Thank you for sharing your story. Can't wait for the little guy's first trip to PBK! All my best~Danielle

Anonymous said...

NOTHING LIKE A WARM BATH...HOW BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A VERY EXCITEING TIME FOR YOU AND GREG. FINALLY YOUR DREAMS OF BEING ABLE TO DO ALL THE FUN THINGS.

Anonymous said...

Could he be any cuter???? He looks so good! Obviously he is adjusting just beautifully. Heck how could he not with 2 wonderful parents like you and Greg!

Melissa said...

What a blessing! I'm so happy to hear that your family is together at last. And what a big boy...he's already pulling his head up! He hasn't missed a beat! All of our love.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Congratulations to all 3 of you and Good Luck in the future!

From your mother's cousin Bob