As I walked in today, I remembered the days when I hated to walk through those doors. Today, I thought to myself, "man I'm sure gonna miss this place." This place that saved my sons life. The place filled with people that gave me hope when I had none. It is so surreal to go through something in life like this. In those first few days, it felt like a nightmare. Nothing about it seemed real. I went to bed every night thinking, is this really happening? I realize now, everything about it was real. Every wonderful nurse, every long walk to his room, every minute of crying, and every gentle hand that worked on his heart last tuesday morning, was real.
I thank god everyday for all of those things. I find myself wondering now how I got lucky enough to have been blessed with all of Truitt's blessings. He has taken each obstacle and overcome it. Without the angels working at Children's Hospital, none of this would have been possible. If it wasn't for all of their love, hard work and dedication he may not be here today. So for all of this, I have gone from hateful to gateful, and it feels so good!
1 comment:
God works in many ways. He can heal our hearts and open our eyes to see through the darkness. With all the many prayers that have been offered up for Truitt once again I say God answers prayer. How lucky he is to have such loveing Grandparents who are there to show their love and support. What a strong little man he is.
Post a Comment