Monday, November 10, 2008

He's Coming Home!

After spending 32 days in the NICU at Children's Hospital, Truitt will finally be coming home! Although they have been the best, worst, longest and most trying days of my life...I survived. If you asked me 4 weeks ago, I may have told you otherwise. As I now look back, I know why I survived. I survived because I could see the courage in Truitt's eyes. I look up to him, and he has only been on this earth a short time. I have never in my life looked at someone and felt strength take over me, until I met him. Just holding him makes me feel like the luckiest person in the whole world. On that dreadful saturday, my son was taken from me. Tomorrow, he will be given back with more admiration and unconditional love than I could have ever dreamed of. God truly has given us a gift, this homecoming will be bigger and better than ever!

On my drive home tonight, I was taken over by emotions of finally getting to be a REAL mom. A mom who is lucky if she gets 4 hours of sleep a night. A mom that wonders at the end of the day what else she had done but change diapers and feed a baby. A mom that cries simply because her baby is crying. A mom that can rock her child to sleep at night. A mom that can pick up her child without any wires attached. I want that to be that mom. Now, I will be. Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of our lives together. I look forward to spending everyday with him. I can't wait to wake up each morning and see his beautiful face next to me. After all he has given to me, I can't wait to give him the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are answered....God has specials plans for Truitt. His ability to show all of us that he is.... a true miracle.

All the loveing care he has received at Childrens has given all of us comfort at a difficult time. But the most valuable was the tender loveing touch from Mom,Dad and Grandparents Sankey and Graham. Everyone's life has been changed for the better!

Now its time to enjoy watching our little guy grow up.

Excitement is felt by everyone who know and love both Lauren and Greg...so proud of you.

amanddagraham said...

I'm so happy for you both!! Finally you can bring your baby home and be a family! Savor this day - and take your time. Be alone - and let us all know when YOUR ready for visitors! No doctors, no nurses, to tubes or wires, no monitors! It will be so nice!! Truitt is going to LOVE his new room ad his soon to be little best friends; Louie and ElliG!
Jeffrey is hard at work on Quiche today - i'll send one home with your mom. we love you all!! xoxoox ~dada & unk JG ;)

Unknown said...

Your words are so moving. Lauren, you should write a book. Yaay Truitt! We'll be thinking of you today.
Love,
Julie

Andrea said...

This is a great day that will be remembered forever. Welcome home Truitt. Lauren and Greg I am so happy that this day has finally came. Yippee!! I look up to you Lauren for having the strength and encouragement while Truitt was going thru this tought time. Truitt is truly blessed to have you and Greg has parents!!
Love,
Andrea