Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Truitt's Home!

Ahh, what a relief! We finally have him safe and sound at home! After such a long road, it was worth every minute to get to where we are today. It was probably the longest day yet at the hospital, we were so anxious to get him out of there. As he was all settled in his car seat and ready to go, it hit me. We were about to rescue him. Rescue him from a place that was so necessary but at the same time so harsh. Harsh to a newborn baby who knows nothing else but the warm comfort of their mothers womb. I want to give that back to Truitt. I want him to feel warm and comfortable in our arms. I want him to go to sleep each night knowing he is safe and nobody will hurt him.

I know all of the pain and suffering he went through only made him stronger. But this is his time now. His time to feel loved and cherished. I look forward to the future, and showing him what love is. As I sat next to him on the way home, I just started to cry. I realized that Truitt's past was temporary, but his future is forever. His stay at Children's will remain a special moment in time. A time when life stood still and there truly was no guarantee for tomorrow. His future, well as for that, we cannot wait to spend forever with him and watch him grow into a gracious human being.

I want to thank ALL of you for all you have done. Each heart felt prayer and each tear of joy. I know you have all been right next to us through this entire journey and we felt your strength and support daily. God surely answered many prayers and I will spend the rest of my life thanking him for that. Truitt now has the opportunity to flourish and show us what he is really made of. On this wonderful evening in the presence of my son, I can't help but think of everyone that made this day possible. For the first time I can say, welcome home Truitt. Forever, welcome home.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Truitt looks so big and strong and ready for the rest of his life. Thank goodness you're all home together now as a family. Can't wait to see him again.
- Julie

Anonymous said...

Yippee! You all look wonderful! I am so happy for you all! As you said in your post, welcome home little one! Welcome home forever! Have a blissful first night home!

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say...Welcome Home Truitt Sankey....Welcome Home!!!!

amanddagraham said...

it's just toooooooooooooooooo bad he cant eat quiche yet! ;) one day he'll grow to love his UnkJeffrey just for that! LOL
WELCOME HOME LITTLE TRU!! Cant wait to hold you again xoxoxoox love ~aunt dada

jessica said...

Welcome home Truitt!!! Lauren and Greg, I know you must be over come with joy at the fact that Truitt will actually get to be at home and surrounded with love instead of tubes. I hope that everything continues to go well for you all and i look foward to hearing from you soon. May God bless you all now and always....Jessica and Dominic

Anonymous said...

Lauren you words are so moving, you know how to put into words the way you feel. It's hard for many people to express that and we feel your emotions through your words. We feel your joy with you in this time of such happiness. All I can say is congratulations to Truitt(& you) and hooray for doing an outstanding job in the first several weeks of your life. You have so much to look forward to and we look forward to being a part of your life. God bless.