Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicken and Noodles

If you know my mom and her mother, my Grandma McFarland, you know how good of a cook they are. There's also a good chance you have had their AMAZING Chicken and noodles.


My mom made them this week, since we would be staying here, as if I needed something heavy and chuck full of carbs, before the wedding. She knows I love them, and I was glad to eat them! Since we are introducing Truitt to table food, I couldn't wait to give him some. So my mom put some in a food processor so it was smooth enough for him to eat.


We paired it with some carrots, to make sure he had a well balanced lunch.


Then little Truitt had his first bite. The verdict is in...


He LOVED it!

Look at that messy smile to tell it all. This is the first time he has had anything so flavorful, and believe me it is absolutely delicious! This boy will never know what bad food tastes like with a grandmother and great-grandmother that are fabulous cooks. I like to think I learned from the best, and I love cooking as well. Just ask Greg :)

Okay I know I said I wouldn't post until I was Mrs. Lauren Sankey, but did you really think I would be able to go that long?

Nope, I didn't think so either!

4 comments:

Grandma Sankey said...

Yum Yum! Hey, why wasen't I invited

Lisa E. said...

Are there any left overs?????

Grandma McFarland said...

Now that's a way to make him happy...glad your mom if following tridition...I know you make them just as good :0). Passing on a good thing!

Tomorrow is the big day, can't believe it....so happy for all of you! Lv, Grandma McFarland

Anonymous said...

Lauren - do you have flashbacks to Jack? remember when you used to bring chicken and noodles and my boys would eat the whole pot? You should post the receipe...grandma mcfarland's chicken and noodles is sure to be everyone's favorite fall dinner. especially, little truitt's. love always, becky