Friday, August 21, 2009

This and That

So after trying all week to get Truitt in for his long-term monitor EEG, there's been no luck. They are jam packed up on the Neurology floor at Children's, as always. I called back today, to beg them to pull some strings, and finally got a call back with the news I was looking for. Except I wasn't home when they called. It just figures. So that open bed on Monday morning, I'm sure won't be open come Monday since I wasn't home to reserve it when they called. I'm so mad, Monday is our only free day next week! It would have worked out perfect.

It WOULD have been perfect, but nothing in life is that easy. I'm totally not surprised at all I missed the call, it would happen this way, of course. Oh well.

I wish so badly I could tell you how Truitt was doing with his seizures, but I can't. His status would change in an instant if I told you, that's just how his brain works. I will simply say, I am not complaining about how the last few days have been. I'll take it any day. I hope you get the hint...cause that's all your getting!

I have been spending endless hours at my parents office finishing up some wedding things. Favors and programs just to name a few. It is sooo much better doing them myself, since I am a perfectionist and let's face it, it is much much cheaper than paying someone else to do it! So I'm all about getting my hands dirty and putting lots of love into it all. This week will be long, but in 9 days it will all be over in an instant. And I know it will all be worth it.

Oh yeah, and one week from tomorrow, I will marry this very handsome man, that I'm totally crazy about :)

1 comment:

Sharonbeth said...

You are marrying a wonderful man! We love him very much and are so excited that you will be joining the family and becoming Lauren Sankey!! :-D
Sorry we can't be there in person, but we will be thinking of you on Saturday.
Many blessing to you
...and if you ever want to vacation in the great Northeast, you are welcome to spend as much time as you want in our guest bedroom.
Hope to see you all soon,
Aunt Sharon