Sunday, November 2, 2008

Truly Blessed

I have to be honest, in the beginning i thought why us? I can't handle this. There is no way I have the strength to survive watching my child go through such an obstacle. Each day I had to force myself to visit him. Just the thought of him with all of those wires and tubes brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart. I was convinced I would never be strong enough to give him the support he deserved. But today, there I stood. Stronger than I ever knew imaginable. I finally thought to myself...yes me, I am strong. Truitt has made me strong. We are truly blessed to have been given this little boy. The little boy that has shown us strength, determination and pure love. Why not us? We have more love for this baby than most parents could dream of.

Truitt is proving to us what life is really about. God is showing us how truly precious life is through him. I now love going down to see him, and I love that I can call him my son. Just to sit and watch him sleep is an honor. I feel as though I am so lucky to have him. I wouldn't change a thing, for if I did I may not have the indescribable bond with this little boy I love so dearly. I want to tell everyone one thing. Never take anything in life for granted, because you never know when you will witness a miracle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, As your mother you continue to show me the little girl I raised to take what life gives you and face it with a smile. Your love and strength is unmeasurable and to be admired by all. Both your boys Truitt and Greg are blessed to have you in their lives forever. You make me so proud each and eveyday.
Love you,
Mom

chaney's said...

Lauren, I always knew you were amazing. You were and still are one of the few people I would trust to watch over my boys!! I admire you immensely for all that you are dealing with. I still have no doubt Truitt will grow up healthy, strong and with a smile for everyone every day. You have to be making God proud right now! love always!
becky

Anonymous said...

Truitt is so truly blessed to have parents like you and Greg. He must draw from the strength and love he gets from both of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! All 3 of you are truly amazing! What you have written here should be published in a book for all parents struggling with a sick child! Your words are so eloquent and heartfelt. Life is precious and your little boy will be a constant reminder for all who know you. He truly is an inspiration for all!

Anonymous said...

This song was written for you both.

"My Wish" Rascal Platts

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big