
After all, I got my answers. The news was great. Here is the break down of what the Neurologists concluded following last nights EEG...
*Truitt did not have any epileptic seizures during the 22 hours he was monitored.
*The 52 episodes they documented on the EEG yesterday and today, which we have thought were all seizures, are indeed not believed to be seizures at all.
*His EEG was normal, for a brain in his condition, and showed no worrisome seizure activity.
Although the news is just wonderful, it is astonishing to me, because they sure do look like seizures to every single person who has seen them, but I am happy to hear it. It's a matter of figuring out what this is and why it is happening.

The Neurologist said that it is just some form of muscle movement that in turn triggers something in the brain causing his full body to twitch. What that trigger is, and why it is sending false messages to the brain is the mystery we now need to solve. It could also be due to his his muscle tone and the fact that he is beginning to develop more controlled movements as he grows.
I am so happy we finally had this EEG done, and got the answers we so desperately needed. We can now better treat what is going on, no longer masking it with seizure meds that he doesn't necessarily need.

Even though I am left a little confused, no seizures is the best news for me. These muscle spasms will surely not further damage his brain, while seizures can. I will take muscle spasms over seizures any day.
A huge weight was lifted off of shoulders today, it's about time.
Now back to wedding planning!
4 comments:
I am so happy to hear the good news! I know that you and Greg must be overjoyed to have had your prayers answered.
That is great!!!!!!!! The pictures were so sweet! I just want to snuggle him!!!!
Fantastic news! What a relief it must be. Give Truitt a big hug from all of us.
Lisa, Dale, Bryan, and Jacob
Words cannot express our thoughts and thanks to God! Big hugs to you, Greg, Truitt and the rest of the family. Love you all so dearly,
Aunt Sharon
Post a Comment