Monday, April 13, 2009

Overwhelmed

I just feel like I am spinning in circles. I feel like I am getting nothing accomplished. We had such a good weekend, but now its back to reality. So many of you have been very helpful in researching ways for Greg and I to receive financial help for all of Truitt's medical costs. The trouble is, it is so very overwhelming applying for them all. I don't even know where to begin...

We are still awaiting an approval of medicade. It is now making our lives more stressful (as if we need that) because it is beginning to put many "important" things Truitt needs on hold. Such as therapy. There is no way we can afford to pay out of pocket for six therapies a month, but without insurance we don't have a choice. Today I had to cancel his physical and occupational therapy for the next couple of weeks hoping we can figure things out. Its a last resort. Something I had to do even though I know it is so critical for him right now. He needs it, but we can't afford to lose our house, cars, or sanity over it.

Money is evil. It is said that it should never control our lives, but oh how it does. Look at us, our sons future is being jeopardized because of money. I don't know what to do, or even what to say. But I am tired, worn out and mentally exhausted. So for today, this is how I feel. Hopefully tomorrow will bring me a better day, more strength, and the energy to keep fighting.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Lauren,

It won't be long before the days are brighter and all of this is behind you. Remeber look at these difficulties as stepping stones—not landing places.

Lots of Love to You, Greg, and Truitt
Mom

chaney's said...

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history
I believe that dreams are more
powerful than facts
That hope always triumphs over experience
I believe that laughter is a cure for grief
And I believe love does conquer all.
robert fulgham

chaney's said...

Lauren and Greg, This is a nearly impossible situation and a very difficult time for you both. But you handle it with grace and you find the good in all you can and you have unconditional love for your son...who is so in love with you both. You continue to be a part of our thoughts and prayers.